Graduation day is one of the most important days in everyone’s life. There isn’t a better way to celebrate it and greet the graduates than to give them beautiful graduation flowers. Everyone loves flowers and appreciates them. Graduation day is one of those days which are simply better when adorned with flowers. This happy day will always be remembered by the graduate, so pick the flowers wisely. Choosing a memorable bouquet of graduation flowers has never been easier. Today, with the huge advances in technology, we have hundreds of options from various online flower shops. Simply browsing the Graduation flowers section will give you plenty of good choices.
Choosing the Flowers for Graduation
There are a few types of flowers which are often favored for graduations:
• Roses: it is always a great choice to give a bouquet of assorted fresh roses.
• Gerbera daisy: arranged in a bouquet with lots of greenery, this flower leaves a lasting impression and you can be sure that your bouquet will stand out.
• Tulips: these beautiful flowers are also a common choice for graduations. A combination of yellow and purple tulips, for instance, will make the happy graduate smile immediately.
When you offer a graduation bouquet, keep in mind that every flower has its own meaning and symbolism. The best option is to get a bouquet of colourful cheerful flowers, as they will pass on this positive message. Be brave with colours and if you don’t know what to choose, here is a little list of suggestions:
• Choose yellow carnations for the graduate: yellow is the colour of joy, sunshine and freedom. Moreover, yellow is also the colour of friendship.
• Get a bouquet of pink carnations – the brightness of this colour is eye-catching and positive.
• Order a bouquet that is a mixture of blue irises and yellow lilies. This colour combination is very effective and simply looks exquisite. The exotic feel will make the graduate feel extremely special.
• A great idea for a graduation bouquet is to simply use colourful lilies, irises, gerberas, alstroemeria and chrysanthemums, and add plenty of greenery and wrap them with a silky bow.
• Other perfect bouquets for graduations can include pink gerbera daisies, daisy poms, roses and others. These are elegant and feminine combinations.
• When it comes to the shape of the bouquet round ones are the perfect choice. They are easy to hold, so that the graduate can at least have a picture holding all the bouquets.
Flower Arrangements for Graduation Day
If you want to give the graduate more than just a bouquet, and are leaning toward a whole flower arrangement, you need to consider a few things. Choose colourful flowers, or if you can spend a bit more – get exotic and tropical flowers. If you need to think of flower arrangements for the graduation party, there is a lot to be planned. The decorations can be in the form of garlands, centerpieces and corsages. Pink, purple and yellow carnations mixed with alstroemeria make great centerpieces. Another good arrangement is hydrangeas in purple, yellow and red. Arrange spray roses, daisies and asters in round vases. Always try to create arrangements which contain at least one really bright flower. The best florists can even create whole inscriptions and figures with flowers. If the school or college has its own representing colours, one of the arrangements should be made of them and put in the centre. Graduation is a bright and happy day and the flowers should reflect this happiness, joy and the taste of freedom.